Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday



Well, it's time for the weekly installment of "Works For Me Wednesday", hosted by Shannon over at Rocks In My Dryer

Seeing as it is 12:30 Am and I am supposed to be sleeping, I am only going to add a few tips right now and do the rest later in the afternoon.

1. Getting a Gym membership. I actually do go to the gym and workout if I have a membership! Going in the morning and actually looking forward to it! gasp!

2. Buying name brand toilet paper! LOL Some of you might think this is funny, but I can't use anything but Charmin Ultra Soft. If I go for the angel soft like I buy the kids, well, let's just say, my tooshie doesn't thank me!


I'll write more in the afternoon!

Ok, we'll I am back! I really tried to think of another tip to share, but I seem to be having a major brain fart today. So i will just elaborate on the exercise thing. I have yo-yo dieted for years, and just couldn't stick to a program and bugged and bugged my hubby about getting a gym membership. We werent actually able to afford it until we sold our house, so we went to the YMCA and signed up. I really enjoy going, exercise is a great stress reliever and I feel good about myself because I am working out. I can't work out at home b/c I have plantar faciatis, so the added stress of doing an aerobic tape really really hurts my feet. So i go to the gym and use the elliptical and recumbent bike and weights. Anything that doesn't require me to actually put pressure on my feet (like the treadmill). Essentially, I have the membership for myself. Not for my hubby, not for my kids or my family...for me! Myself is my motivation. I want so badly to feel better about myself, and to feel like the hot wife and mom I should be! My struggles with weight and dieting have gone on far too long, and it's time for it to stop. The end picture is also what motivates me...I can see myself thinner and wearing awesome clothes. I don't know how far away that is, but I am going to keep working at it until I get there. I'm doing this for me! And that's why I have a YMCA membership!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A gymcard doesn't work for me, because it's not my motivation, but the kids that keep me at home.

Want to see what works for me?
See here:

Laane on the World

Enjoy your day.

Powered By Blogger