Friday, May 16, 2008

I Now Pronounce You...

When my Hubby and I were married years ago (December 29th, 1999 to be exact), we had to answer with a "Yes", not an "I Do". We were married in a civil ceremony in Wiesbaden, Germany. It was such an un-traditional wedding, a little chaotic, but I have such fun and fond memories of that day.

December 29th, 1999, started off with a bang! A very early bang, as we were married at 9:30 AM. As I was putting on my dress, the strap broke! lol My fiancee, well, hubby now, had to sew me in. I didn't wear white, I did my own hair and make-up, and we drove a hoopdie to the wedding site. We weren't even packed for our honeymoon yet! We had to have a translator to translate the German for us, but what made us laugh about that was the fact that she spoke LESS English than our officiant! Afterwards we had lunch at the Brauhaus in Mainz, with my hubby's 1st Sergeant, Lieutenant, and a couple of his friends. It was fantastic! Nothing better than beer, fries and bratwurst for a wedding meal.

Seeing that my hubby and I essentially eloped, we didn't have a traditional wedding or send out invitations. We still talk though, about having a traditional wedding for our 10th or 15th wedding anniversary. So occasionally I still look at wedding dresses, and wedding invitations, just to dream. Today I found this site that sells really nice Wedding Invitations.

This was my favorite one:




I love the simplicity of this, the black and white is so classic. I think the two color combinations make each other pop! And I think the ribbon is pretty cute too.

What I really liked about the site was the fact that you can zoom in on each individual invitation. This is really helpful because you can see exactly what is on your invitation, and all the little details. I like to know what I am getting for my money, so this feature is fantastic!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger