Sunday, May 04, 2008

Lazy Sunday? I don't think so

While my hubby and I were at Lowes the other day, we picked up some pretty flowers, including an Azalea bush. I can't remember the names of the others, though I did purchase a gorgeous Gerbera Daisy, and re-potted it. I have to admit, i do NOT have a green thumb at all. In fact, I would say I have a black thumb, because I hate gardening. But I do it anyway b/c it makes the yard look pretty. I really do hate gardening, and weeding. Perhaps it comes from being forced to weed by my parents. Probably one of the worst chores I have ever been assigned.

We spent the better part of this morning planting them...which included actually making a flower bed. We had to dig up the sod and everything! Now I am taking a break while he is out there mowing...and I did some weed eating already. I like using the weed eater ;o) But now I am beat! Yard work is not an easy task.

Well, it's lunch time, and I have to feed 6 people. I'll try to upload some photos later, at least of my daisies. I picked up some yummy steaks at Safeway, and on sale too!!!, so hubby is grilling tonight. It's our first of the year. We're pretty luck it is a nice day today, because we wanted to grill friday, but it rained.

I'll be back...

Here are the pictures of my lovely daisies.







And one of our Zeus. Haven't got a funny pic of Hades yet, I'll look for one. Zeus and Hades were adopted by our family last july...Friday the 13th!! Zeusy Puussy (one of his nicknames, and you pronounce it how it looks-like Poo-sea) is a purebred Maine Coon. He isn't papered though, because we rescued him. A kitten shelter had him and we adopted him. He just turned a year. Maine Coon cats grow up until they are about 4 or 5 years old. At one year, Zeusy weighs almost 15lbs already.



1 comment:

Rina said...

We're grilling it up today too! Chicken though - which is funny for me because Papa Bear never wanted to grill chicken until I forced him to way back when we were first dating. And now he doesn't mind grilling chicken at all.

Pictures pictures pictures please of the yard with purty flowers!!!!!!!!!

Powered By Blogger