Monday, April 14, 2008

Shopping at Wally World

Well, today marked the END of Spring Break, and back to school. WooHoo!! That also means that it is back to normal, and I have to admit, it feels good! I am sure the kids are enjoying getting back to school too, they got bored a few times last week.

So this morning I did my huge, massive, ginormous grocery shopping at our local WalMart supercenter. I spent around $284. WOWZA!!! I wasn't prepared for that, but I discovered that with the meals I have planned, as well as staples I still had in the house, I have enough food to cover meals for ONE MONTH!! That cost also includes staples such as toilet paper, dishwasher soap, cat litter, my face moisturizer, deoderant, and a few other non-grocery items we needed.

I also picked up a super cute outfit for our youngest daughter for $6.92 (*gasp* can you believe it? I didn't buy an outfit at Gymboree!!! lol). I love this set, the capris come just below her knee, and it looks adorable on her. It is a tunic top if anyone was wondering.


I also picked this up for my niece, who was just born last week.

I Love this dress, I wish it was in a size my youngest daughter could wear, but alas, it only went up to 6-9months.

Besides the typical things I purchase every time, like hot dogs or chicken strips(weekend food), I also purchased a beef roast, a roast chicken (making two that I have in freezer now), two lbs hamburger (three that I have now), boneless skinless chicken breasts, and a bag of chicken drumsticks, among other dinner items. We eat a lot of chicken! lol. I'll be trying some new recipes I found last night on Allrecipes.com. Once I cook those, I will share the recipes on here. Here is a teaser...one includes cabbage! Wish me luck, I've never cooked that before.

I am very pleased with my purchases. I will still have to go out weekly for more bread, produce, milk, and of course, dog food. I can't recall a time when I've had enough food to last us this long. It is very satisfying!

1 comment:

Rina said...

Thanks for the tip RE my menu - I edited the pic and reposted it minus certain info! Thanks!!!

I LOVE the new outfits!!!!

Powered By Blogger