Thursday, April 24, 2008

Flash Card Mania

I have three children in school. Two are in first grade, and the other is in kindergarten. So you can imagine we have a lot of school work. I was actually surprised at how much the first graders actually have, it is a lot more than I remember having when I was in school.

My hubby and I like to use flash cards with our kids to re-inforce their education, and I came across this awesome FREE flashcards website.

FlashCardFriends is an interactive website that has four different ways to view the flash cards. You can do it by a list, a flip (which is what you would do with paper cards), and a flash, or even print them out if you wish. And they have just about any topic you want to study, be it Russian, Math, or Geography even. Besides using their pre-made flash cards, you can create your own personal cards. They will also create tests for you, and correct them as well. It isn't just for kids either, even Medical School students can use it. If you wanted to learn a foreign language, you can even add sound to it, which really amps up the learning potential. And best of all, it is FREE!!!

What I really liked about this site is that it is kid-safe. No worries they will run into something inappropriate. There is no advertising either. My kids always want to use the computer, so I actually plan on showing this site to them this afternoon when they get home. Give the site a look and see how you and your kids can improve your education. I might even do this myself! "Early testers showed an average increase in test scores of 12.3% by using Flashcard Friends"





Sorry for the large photos. I was not able to change the template of the blog to allow the whole photo to show, but it still gives you a pretty good idea of what the site does. I suggest you head over there to see for yourself. Happy Learning!!

Powered By Blogger