Sunday, September 21, 2008

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cake

This recipe was made by my mom all the time when I was growing up, and I finally decided to tackle it. It has a been a favorite of mine, so I am looking forward to eating it, lol! It is cooling right now as I type this, so I can't give you a review just yet.

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cake

1/2 stick softened butter
1/2c vegetable oil
1 3/4c white sugar
2 eggs
1 Tsp Vanilla
1/2 c sour milk (if you don't have sour milk, just add a tsp of white vinegar to your milk)
2 1/2 cup flour
4 tbsp cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves

2 Cups finely diced Zucchini, not shredded
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Mix all the above ingredients, except the chocolate chips, in a large mixing bowl. Spoon the batter into a greased and floured 13x9" pan, and sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly on top. Bake at 325 for 40-45 minutes. Let cool, and enjoy!

Be sure to follow the tips here, and it will turn out even better. The trick is to let it sit overnight, with the cake pan covered in cling wrap, which helps seal in the moisture. The cake will be a moist, Delicious, chocolaty goodness then.

This is what the cake looked like last night. This morning it was much darker and dense, and moist. Yummy!

2 comments:

Miss Mommy said...

Mmm....looks delicious!! I love Zucchini bread...and with the chocolate chips in there I think the kiddies may like it too!! I'll have to try it!!

BTW- Check out my blog....I have given you a bloggy award :-)

Michelle said...

That looks so tasty.thanks for sharing.. :0

Powered By Blogger