Sunday, June 08, 2008

That Used To Be Mine?

Yesterday as I was picking up my son from his friend's house, I drove by our old house that we sold a couple months ago. Our old house is right down the street from my son's friend's house.

The house looks awful.

The beautiful bay window we had, that had a window seat, is now filled entirely with ugly, ugly potted plants. They looked fake too. There were other ugly plants strewed throughout the front of the house, inside and out, and an ugly lamp in the front room.

The grass was brown and long on the upper front yard (it was tiered in some places), and hadn't been mowed since I last did it. late last fall.

The garage was filled with so much crap you couldn't see the window at the back.

On the side of the house, there was so much extra garbage and a ratty old truck.

It looked like trash. I can safely say that I did a much better job at keeping up that house than these people do, and even I thought I struggled at times.

It was a good feeling to see someone else's belongings in there, which made it feel less like my home and more like someone else's.

And for that, it feels no longer like it is my house. I have closure. Finally.




ok, maybe I still miss it a little bit, but it doesn't feel like home anymore.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger