Sunday, November 09, 2008

What A Busy Day!

Yesterday we had so much stuff to do! I think we were out constantly from about 10AM till 4:30 PM!!

In the morning we went to the library, and I let the kids each pick out a few books. I wanted to take my oldest daughter especially, because she is a reading fiend and starting to like Little House On The Prairie. So off we went, and spent some time at the library. Then the boy needed a hair cut, so that took another half hour. He looks so handsome.

I had thought about taking the kids out for a quick lunch, but we're trying to save money for Christmas, so we went home for a quick lunch of ham sandwiches. Yummy!

Yesterday afternoon was long and tiring. First off we headed to Pet Smart because we were out of Dog and Cat food, and of course they were packed since it was Saturday. Next came Hallmark; I wanted to go there because it is the Ornament Premiere weekend. I usually buy the Singing Snowmen each year, so I wanted to check it out and see if it was worth it. Well, I didn't like it this year, so we passed. Do you know how hard it is to navigate a tiny, crowded store with 4 kids in tow?

Next stop was Marshall's. My oldest needed a jacket, and I wanted to check out the toy area for some Christmas gifts. That place was a nightmare too, busy and crowded. But I was able to find a few gifts, and my daughter also got her winter coat. For toys I found a V Smile Jammin Gym toy for $12.99, but I'm not sure who will get it yet. Also found the baby a Doctor Kit, and got the boy a Ninja Turtles DVD for a stocking stuffer.

Every year I have been wanting to purchase this, but for some reason or another, I never have, probably because I don't want to spend so much on a DVD.



Well, the last two times at Marshall's, I have found individual DVDs of most of the movies included in that DVD pack. I found "Rudolph" (the original one), Santa Claus is Coming to Town, and Frosty The Snowman (or else it was Frosty Returns. I can't remember. Pretty sure it was Frosty though, because I don't like Frosty Returns. Maybe it was Frosty with Frosty Returns? I know you can find the DVD with both episodes on it. Can you tell that is driving me crazy? I put it on my layaway, so I can't find out till I pick it up, lol). Either way, they were only 5.99 each. So I was pretty happy with that find, I got a great deal. I'll be keeping an eye out for the others.

Next we went to Michael's to pick up some craft supplies. They didn't have everything I wanted, but I was able to use my 40% off coupon and got a Wilton Gingerbread house village! There are about 5 or 6 houses, and each are 3-4" tall. It will be a perfect addition to our regular gingerbread house. We'll decorate those in a month I think. I think I might splurge for a gingerbread tree this year too. Decorating a gingerbread house is a tradition we have done for years, so we always look forward to doing those.

And after Michael's, came Target. That took forever, because the kids always want to look at toys, I need to check out clearance etc. I needed some toiletries, which should have only taken a half hour, but we were there for probably an hour.
Thankfully, ALL the errands I had to run yesterday afternoon were in the same shopping plaza. So I didn't have to drive all over town.

And then finally we were on our way home. I relaxed last night after the kids went to bed, and watched Sleepy Hollow.

But today, I thought it would be a bit easier. I was wrong. I've spent all morning with the girls deep cleaning their room, have done 3 loads of laundry and emptied and loaded the dishwasher, and that was all before 12PM.

I need a shower!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger