Friday, November 07, 2008

Candy Cane Hearts


I made these with the girls this afternoon. It is such a fun and easy craft to do. You do need adult supervision though, because it does require the use of a hot glue gun. I apologize for the sideways pictures, I was in a hurry to post and didn't realize I hadn't rotated them.


First off, cut yourself about a 5-6" length of thin red ribbon


Tie it into a cute little bow


Here I recommend using individually shrink wrapped mini candy canes, but I have not been able to find those for years, so unwrapped ones will have to do for now. Take them out of their little plastic bags/wrappers. If you have the shrink wrapped ones, leave the wrappers on, it works better.


Arrange the two pieces together into the shape of a heart, and hot glue. You don't need a lot, just enough to keep them together.


While the heart is cooling, cut yourself another length of ribbon, and tie it into a loop, set aside.



Now you want to take the glue gun and place a small drop of hot glue on the front of the heart, and place the bow onto it. Let it cool for a few seconds, and then flip it over and glue the loop to the back. Cut off any extra ribbon off the ends of the bows and the loop. Let cool and then flip back over.


And here is your finished product!

They look adorable on your Christmas Tree. I've made countless ones over the years, one of my favorite and easiest crafts to make. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi there ;-) What a great idea I will have to make these with DD. For the tree.

Stephanie Appleton said...

That is so cute. And more importantly....EASY! :)

Unknown said...

These look great. We can still get the individually shrink wrapped ones here, so I'll have to pick some up the next time I see them.

Thanks.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Fabulous! I'm working on a Roundup of Kids Christmas Crafts and this is perfect! I'll be linking.

Kyle said...

I don't know if you have Family Dollar stores near you, but that is the only place I can find the individually wrapped mini candy canes - they even have blue and multi-color striped one in the box of 25 for $1

Powered By Blogger