Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday Shopping

Today I braved the crowds and did a little Black Friday shopping. Our first stop was the mall, where I stopped in at Gymboree and picked up my holds. I landed up buying 5 shirts, one pair of pants, and one pair of hair curlies for only $52! I got a fantastic deal considering the retail is $117 not incl tax. I was quite happy with my purchases. And I earned a gymbuck!!

Our next stop was Jo-Ann's for some yarn. No, I'm not a big knitter, but I am making all 6 of us a nice winter hat, the man included. I had about 10 skeins to get, and they were on sale for 1.94 each, plus I had a 20% off coupon. We walked into the store and I kid you not, the line was halfway around the inside of the store. Two sides were covered with people waiting. Plus, the entire fabric section was crowded with about 30 or so more buggies that people had filled with fabric they needed cut. I waited in line for a few minutes and then left. I couldn't handle that, the line was probably at least an hour long or more wait. So I decided to go to Michael's instead and was able to use a 25% off coupon that the cashier gave me, and came out of there spending only $19.80 and that included all the yarn, plus our last gingerbread house. Oh, and I only had to wait in line for about 5 minutes!

And another bright spot in our day was going back to Safeway to complain about my rotten turkey dinner yesterday. I paid $39.99 for it, and they gave me half back plus tax. That was great! It bought me a few groceries, the kids got a couple snacks, and I also bought a really nice "Jingle Bell" wreath. A wreath made out of red and white jingle bells with snowflake cutouts in them. I love it!! And it was only 7.99. I'll have to take a picture of it later. I've wanted it for years, but never bought one.

All in all, I would say that today actually went really well. The kids weren't misbehaving, we got to see Santa Claus at the mall, and we had no meltdowns except for normal two year old defiance. Who knows if I'll brave the crowds next year, I guess I'll have to see if we need anything.

1 comment:

Rina said...

Yaaaaay! I'm so glad you got something back for your yuck turkey!!!!!

I can't wait to see a pic of the wreath, it sounds really pretty!!

Did you hear about all the insanity of people getting shot, trampled and a preggo woman injured due to Black Friday sales?!?!?!?!!?

You Yankees are hard core! ;)

Powered By Blogger