Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Black Friday Shopping

For those of you who don't know what Black Friday is, it is the day after Thanksgiving, here in the good old USA. Basically, it is to us Americans, what Boxing Day is to Canadians. But we have better deals! lol Usually on Thanksgiving day, after all the turkey and potatoes have been eaten, and everyone is bloated from too much food, the thanksgiving circulars come out of the newspaper, and everyone crowds around to plan their shopping for the next day.

I am a Black Friday junkie! I always buy a ton of gifts for the kids for Christmas, if I am not done with my shopping already by then. This year I'm a little behind, so I plan on doing the bulk of my shopping on Black Friday. I've always been able to find good deals. One year my husband went out really early, and came home with our current TV and sound system, and paid maybe $500 for all of it. Last year I found some great WalMart deals for kids' gifts. I was able to get Hot Wheels cars 10 pack for $5, Moon Sand kits (BIG ones) for $10, as well as Easy Bake Ovens for $10 or $20. I was quite pleased with myself, and got gifts that everyone loved. I'll also check out Amazon.com,
Target and Toys R Us for all their fantastic toy deals. And since I am also going to be looking for a nice digital camera for my husband, I'll be checking out all the stores that sell electronics too.

This year it looks like I won't have anyone around to watch the kids since my husband will be gone, so I have actually planned to do the bulk of my shopping online. I found a great site for 2008 black friday deals that is going to make my shopping even easier! iBlackFriday will email you every time a new store ad has been posted, so you can plan your shopping weeks ahead of time and be prepared. On their website, they also have a neat feature that lets you add all the items you want from the ads, onto a shopping list. Then once black friday morning comes around, you can just log onto their site and use your shopping list to get to all the merchant stores. Or you could also print it out and take it with you when you go shopping instead of doing it online.

What a great and easy way to organize all your Black Friday shopping!

2 comments:

Miss Mommy said...

Hubby and I too are Black Friday junkies!! It's so much fun for us!! Like a thrill at 3 am in the morning!!

Anonymous said...

Black Friday is a official kick-off to the holiday selling season.

Powered By Blogger