Saturday, May 09, 2009

So I'm A Single Mom Again

Well, technically not, but I will be for the next 10 weeks or so. My husband left Thursday morning for work again, so I am all by myself with the kids till mid July. I think he'll be home July 14th, two days before our trip to Canada.

I always hate this stretch because it is so long. I HATE that he has to be gone for so long. But we chose this, because it is one of our biggest money making times. He'll be home for two weeks in July anyway, right before my birthday.

When I think of the next 10 weeks, it seems like it will take forever to pass, and go slow as molasses, but in the end, it seems that it just flew by. I have no idea what we're going to do though. The kids have school till June 18th, so I have a month to "entertain" them before he comes home.

Unfortunately, we have decided not to put up our pool till after we come back from Vacation. We don't want to leave the pump going all the time while we're gone (6 days), so we'll just wait to set it up. I think I might purchase a small wading pool to pass the time though, and maybe a badminton set. We have a few good parks close by as well, so that will help pass the time.

What have you planned for the Summer? I need some good ideas to help keep the kids entertained from mid June to mid July.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger