Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Simple Chicken Parmesan and a Fat Smash Update

I'm on the "Fat Smash Diet" right now, so I wasn't able to eat what I made the kids for dinner. I had a nice HUGE green salad, tossed with some chopped up green pepper and tomato, as well as a touch of light ranch dressing. I also had 4 boiled egg whites (I boil the eggs, give the kids the yolks, and eat the whites myself), and a Yoplait Key Lime Pie yogurt. I'm still hungry.

This will get better, or so I've heard. My stomach just needs to get used to less food and then it will shrink. I've done it before, I can do it again. When I was 6 weeks into the diet last time, I remember I had no cravings whatsoever for "bad" food, so I know that this too shall pass.

I'm still hungry

I cheated just a *little* bit today. I had a Fiber One granola bar for an afternoon snack with my fruit. Yeah yeah, I know they're not allowed, but they aren't really that bad. It has 9 grams of fiber! I still came in way way under my calorie limit for the day, so all's good! I'll probably have a bowl of strawberries after the kids are in bed.

Tonight for dinner I made the kids this Simple Chicken Parmesan recipe I found on Allrecipes.com. It was a big hit with the kids, with the exception of a picky 3 year old who will eat only the chicken, and no sauce or cheese.


Simple Chicken Parmesan


INGREDIENTS

* 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
* 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese



DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Dip the chicken breast in egg and then breadcrumbs. Heat oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Brown chicken on both sides and drain on a paper towel.
2. In an 11x7 inch baking dish evenly spread 1/2 of the tomatoes. Arrange chicken on sauce and top with remaining tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.

I found it funny that there was no Parmesan in this recipe, so I added some myself. The kids said it was really good! It certainly smelled that way. I think I'll be making this when my husband comes home in two weeks so that I can try it too.

2 comments:

Furious Mom said...

Your salad sounds yummy. I read on your earlier post about the diet your on...sounds like something I would like to try.

Dee-Zigns Handcrafted Jewelry said...

Yummy! Easy recipe! Thanks, may be using this one tonight :).

Powered By Blogger