Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fat Smash Diet, Week 1

If you have been reading, you'll know I started the Fat Smash Diet last Tuesday. Today is actually day 6 of Phase 1, but since each phase has a different amount of days, I figured I would update each Sunday.

I'm doing OK on the diet. I've had a few bad days where all I wanted to do was go out and order a greasy Pizza. Or like Friday night, drive over to Target and fill my cart up with bags of peanut M&Ms. I kept myself from doing it though!

I've had to develop a few things to keep my sanity. Technically, sugar free jell-o, and cold cereal, and granola bars, are NOT allowed on this diet. BUT...I've let myself have them. OK, the granola bars are "Fiber One" granola bars. They're low in fat, HIGH in fiber with a whopping 9 grams, and quite tasty. I let myself have one per day (I am out of them now, so I won't have anymore till Tuesday when I go grocery shopping). The sugar free jell-o isn't really a big deal. I don't have it every day, and if I do, I have a cup or two after the kids go to bed. In fact, I've only had it twice since Tuesday. The cereal is absolutely not allowed till phase 2, but yesterday I was doing so well, I decided I would treat myself to a 1 cup measured serving of my favorite cereal (Oatmeal Squares by Quaker). That won't happen again till Thursday, which will be day 1 of Phase 2.

Other than my little "indulgences", I have been doing great. I eat a ton of fruit and veggies. I actually like the taste of baby carrots! I can eat a huge salad without any problems. So I figure I am doing well. I hope so at least, because as of yesterday morning, I am down 7lbs!!

My body still has to get used to not snacking constantly though, and that is a challenge for me. The last few days though, I have noticed that I am not as hungry as I was at the beginning. I think that stomach of mine is finally starting to shrink! I had a lot of trouble with the diet at the beginning, because it's been that time of the month, if you know what I mean. Everyone knows it is harder to lose weight when you're on your period, so I am hoping that the weight will come off faster now that it's over. I still have 4 full days, including today, of Phase 1/Detox, so I am sure I will do OK. I'm going to do a final push these last few days and not even try to have my "snacks" if I can help it.

This diet is the hardest I have ever been on. But I am glad I am making myself do it. No one but myself can make me lose weight. I have to do this for me, so that I can feel better about myself, happier, more comfortable in my own skin.

I'll do another diet update sometime this week, if not before Sunday again.

Phase 1/Detox Day 5 Weigh In- Down 7lbs out of 30. 23 more to go.

1 comment:

Loukia said...

I want to read more about this diet, as I need to try something new ASAP that will work! I snack a lot too, it's a huge problem! Nice blog, btw!

Powered By Blogger