Monday, February 09, 2009

Tax Season

Last Thursday I dropped off all of our tax information to our Accountant because we had our appointment today to get our taxes done. I wanted it all handed in earlier because my husband is not home for long, and we needed time to make sure we could get it all signed. Today we went in to sign the papers and found out our refund amount. It is quite large, which we are happy about. Yaay! It will pay off all the credit cards, pay off our daughter's bedroom set, get all of us our passports, get me some new glasses, and finance an expensive trip to Ikea to purchase a new table and chairs, and a few kitchen items we need.

AND....we'll still have just about 2K left to put in savings!!!

Celebrate with me! I'm quite happy about that. Of course, we were hoping for more, doesn't everyone? But this is enough to take care of what we need and put some into savings.

Now comes the waiting part...it should be here February 20th. As soon as I get it, the credit cards and the bedroom set will be paid off. Essentially we'll be debt free except for our van payment!

The amounts we're saving each month by paying off the three big bills will also be put right into the savings account. We pay $50 on each credit card per month, and the bedroom set is 26.79 a week averaged out, and that totals just about 210/month for all three. If we can save the majority of that amount per month, by March of 2010 we should have just over 4500K in savings. I would add a savings ticker to the sidebar of my blog, but I am not quite sure how to do that...maybe eventually I will.

1 comment:

Rina said...

That is AWESOME!!! Congrats!!!!!!

Let me know if you need help with the savings bar thingy thing.

And happy bday to the twins!

Powered By Blogger