Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Two More Sleeps!!

Well in Barry's own word's, "The shits about to hit the fan".

Two days and counting. Two more sleeps left in this house!

Today I was at the new house because the bulk of my furniture was being delivered. I had a sectional, a couch, an end table, two coffee tables, a chest of drawers and a dresser delivered. Still coming in the next month is my night stand, mirror and arm chair. Props to Macy's because they came ON TIME and were out of the house by 10AM!! I was incredibly impressed with them.

What I am not impressed with is the way the furniture is arranged. My friends and I have some re-arranging to do, because I don't like the flow of the living room. The TV stand and TV are not centered with the TV and it looks "off", so that will be something we have to work on.

My sister and a mutual friend were over yesterday and cleaned out (almost) my entire kitchen, save for a few cupboards and the fridge. All of the kitchen is packed (and unpacked in the new house) except for a few minor things. I hadn't seen my sissy poo since December, so it was nice to visit with her and Suzy. We drank too much wine, and laughed and cried about everything. We were sad to see them leave last night, but we'll see them again soon.

Yesterday I was also blessed to receive an email from my MOPS group coordinator. I have a bevy of ladies coming over tomorrow to help me pack up the rest of the house! They'll also be helping me clean this place out. I just about cried when I saw that email, what a blessing they have been to me this year, especially in the last 6 months since Barry passed.

I've been wanting to talk about how I'm feeling lately, but I just don't have the words right now. More in depth blog posts will be coming soon about that, I just can't do it right now. I'm still struggling, and still having trouble believing he is dead sometimes, feeling like I am in a dream. With moving and all that that entails, its just too much to get into my emotions right now.

That being said, I think this will be my last blog post from this house! I do have one scheduled for Friday morning, a goodbye post to this house, that will post automatically. My internet won't be hooked up till Saturday sometime, so I will be absent for a few days. I hope everyone has a fantastic Easter weekend! Think of us in the next few days as we deal with all the chaos that moving entails, and leave this house and move into our new one without Barry.

Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Well, I certainly understand about the dreams... I still kinda have them, they seem to come and go whenever I feel like I am in a crisis.. Especially this last time when I had made the decision of ending a relationship that I thought would last... Never had to do that before in my life!. I think in time u will find it a good thing. I look at it as a connection to what I had that was stable... He was my rock and when he was gone I thought I found another rock, which ended up not meant to be....
See, I knew u would get help!. don't stress about the furniture arrangement, pick your battles... The furniture will work itself out.

CMS said...

Hurray for you and your children! Moving on with tender memories and graciousness. Way to go, Joanna!

Rachael Lucas said...

Sending you lots of love and strength for this move, Joanna. And virtual chocolate and a big glass of wine!

Powered By Blogger