Sunday, September 27, 2009

Banana Banana Bread

Can you believe I have never made banana bread before yesterday? In our 10 years of marriage, not once. I had a ton and a half of frozen, ripe, bananas in my freezer and decided to finally do something about it. I made it last night and we had it for breakfast this morning, with a cold glass of milk. It turned out great. We LOVED it. I bet you could make it even healthier using whole wheat flour, but I didn't have any on hand, so white it was. Maybe next time.

I saved some so the kids can have it as their snack tomorrow in school. Let's hope the teachers don't make a fuss about it, they're pretty crazy about "healthy" snacks. They're the snack Nazis to be completely honest.

Banana Banana Bread

Ingredients:

2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350 F (175 C).
Lightly grease a 9x5" loaf pan

In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
In a separate bowl, cream butter and brown sugar.
Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
Stir the two mixtures together, just to moisten.
Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.

Bake for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool in a pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

*my oven cooks hot, so mine was done in about 55 minutes*
*Thanks to AllRecipes.com for this awesome recipe*

1 comment:

Katie @ Kitchen Stewardship said...

Good for you to try something new! I bet whole wheat will be just as good (maybe half and half).
Thanks for joining the Make it from Scratch Carnival!
--Katie

Powered By Blogger