Monday, August 25, 2008

What I Did Today

Load upon load upon load upon load upon load of laundry. Washing, Drying, Folding, Putting away. That will teach me not to get behind!!!

Mopped all the non-carpeted floors

Vacuumed all the carpets

Dusted all the surfaces

Mowed the grass

Cleaned my huge bathroom

De cluttered all the living areas

Balanced the check-book

Bathed the baby, and made sure the other three "de-stank" themselves.

Tried the baby's Halloween costume on her after she had just woken up from her nap. Why do I do this to myself? Because it's freakin' cute, that's why! (And I should mention that after she had it on, she was excited to be a Bee, and did not want to take her costume off.

Listened to my 7.5 year old daughter scream and cry as I was trying to comb and brush out the tangles in her long blond hair. De-tangler does not work for her hair.

Called Amazon to see why my order hasn't shipped yet even though I paid for normal shipping and not super saver shipping.

Ran the dishwasher 3 times, the 2ND time because I accidentally spilled a can of Pepsi all over the clean dishes that I had yet to unload, and because my piece-of-shit dishwasher can't be fully loaded, or else it will not clean one bit.


I would have gotten at least half of this done yesterday, but I was feeling sick yesterday and still had to go to TWO grocery stores. Plus, when I got on I-5 to get to Wal-Mart, traffic was backed up for MILES, so I had to back track through town, which made my trip to Wal Mart take twice as long. So needless to say, I was too tired to do anything yesterday. The good news is that I am done now with my cleaning. I just have to do my nails and toes and I'm good to go!

My eyes are tired, and the words I am typing are blurry! I seriously did not sit down all morning from the time I made breakfast at 8:30 till 1Pm. Then we got to eat lunch, and then it was back up and doing chores again. I just sat down after the kids went to bed at 9, and I watched a bit of TV before mopping. I still have to shower and shave and I feel like I am dead on my feet! He won't be home till mid to late afternoon tomorrow, but I really really hate scrambling to do things last minute.

My hubby better appreciate this! lol

On the plus side, I finished the "Twilight Saga" late last night, and I have started to read it again! This time I will take it a lot slower, and enjoy the books even more.

My summer vacation is essentially over, even though school doesn't start for another week. I was not able to sleep in this past weekend because we had errands to run, and when hubby is home, he hates to sleep in. Plus, I have to get the kids on a back to school schedule, so I will start implementing that with hubby tomorrow night. That means bed time at 8/8:30 for them, and I have to be in bed on time too because I have to get up at 6:30 each morning. I really should have done it today, but I was not in any mood to do it.

Seeing as the man comes home tomorrow, don't expect to see me for awhile. I will try to update when I can, but we have a busy week ahead of us and I haven't seen my man in five weeks. *wink wink*

2 comments:

Mommy Toy said...

WOW!! You are way more motivated than I am...ever! We got our big comfy chair in our mall. They have a website, www.cordaroys.com
Maybe they sell them near you.

MMJ said...

Wow...what a day!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! To answer your question...the center of the creek was about 6-8 feet deep. It's all receded now and hopefully will dry out soon...that's if the hurricane that's currently brewing out there doesn't take a turn for us!!

Enjoy your hubby being home and good luck with back to school!!

TTFN!!

Powered By Blogger