Sunday, August 31, 2008

Black Friday Shopping

For those of you who don't know what Black Friday is, it is the day after Thanksgiving, here in the good old USA. Basically, it is to us Americans, what Boxing Day is to Canadians. But we have better deals! lol

I am a Black Friday junkie! I always buy a ton of gifts for the kids for Christmas, if I am not done with my shopping already by then. Since I can't get up so early in the morning without my hubby home, I hit up the deals as soon as we can get out of the house. And since I go mostly for toys, I've gotten everything I've wanted in the past. I actually feel a bit behind this year though because I have only bought a few things for our youngest. I guess that is ok though, because this year we are forgoing all the toys and getting a Wii for the three older kids to share, along with a few smaller items for each of them. What I love about Black Friday though, is that you can find some great deals, and really cheap too! Last year I stopped at Wal Mart and was able to find a bag of Mega Blocks, 120 pieces, for only $10!!! I also got lots of Hot Wheels cars for my son that were $5 for a huge pack. If I had bought those items any other day, I would have paid twice as much, so I really saved a lot of money by shopping that day.

I found a great site for 2008 black friday deals. It is a very helpful, informative website that will let you know all the Black Friday ads before you get the news papers on Thanksgiving morning. If you are so inclined, the Black Friday site will even let you sign up for e-mail alerts instead of going to the website to see the ads. Each time a new store's ad is released, it will be emailed to you. It really is a great way to plan your holiday shopping, because who really wants to pour through ads after you have stuffed yourself full of turkey and stuffing?

I love to find Toys R Us deals when I am looking for Black Friday deals. Toys R Us usually has some of the best bargains around, and since I have four kids to shop for, I can usually find something good there. I am hoping to find a Wii there this year, if I haven't bought it before that already. If you click on the Toys R Us text above, it will bring you to a list of all of last years deals. This years deals aren't out yet, but they should start rolling in sometime soon, according to the website, in September!

So go on over to BlackFriday.biz and check out some of the awesome deals you can find!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger