Sunday, August 03, 2008

C Is For Cookie

While trying to combat my boredom today, I decided to bake some cookies. I haven't baked in a long long time. It has been so long that I didn't know if I even had vanilla extract and baking soda! That is what happens when you move and don't have such an organized pantry like you did in your old house.

I took this recipe off the back of a "Heath Toffee Bits" bag, that were made for baking..not snacking!

Heath Bits Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup Creamy PB
1-1/3 cups packed light brown sugar
3 tbsp milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 bag of Heath Milk Chocolate toffee bits, divided

1. Heat oven to 375 F

2. Beat shortening, pb, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Add egg; beat until just blended. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into pb mix. Stir in 1 cup toffee bits, reserve remainder for topping.

3. Drop by heaping tsp about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet; top each cookie with reserved toffee bits. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until set. Do not over bake. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack. Cool Completely.


Makes about 3 dozen cookies. I got about 28 cookies, but we like bigger cookies.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger