Sunday, March 08, 2009

The Trip To Ikea

Yesterday I promised you all a synopsis of my trip to Ikea. It's not very exciting, but I was very happy with what we were able to buy.

The man and I had plans to leave home at 8AM. We didn't get out of the house till 9AM, and then to Ikea about 10:30 or so. I had so much fun shopping. We don't get to Ikea very often, so I always find some sort of treasure there.

After we were done shopping, we headed over to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch, as it was my husband's birthday. After that we headed home, only to go out again that night for dinner with the family and shopping at the mall for his birthday present. My mom was here and also wanted to buy the twins' their birthday gifts. While we were there, I landed up getting our youngest daughter's ears pierced (she turned 3 yesterday!!). We had a busy day, and an even busier weekend.

We got two floor lamps, for only 7.99 each!


I also got a lazy susan, a glass canister for spaghetti noodles, new glasses for the kitchen, 2 storage jars/candy jars, bread knife and another knife set (we haven't bought new knives in years), a new whisk that I needed, some spatulas, cutlery/bowls and cups for our youngest daughter. We also bought a few other things like some napkins, power strips that we needed for behind the TV, and a few packs of swedish cookies for the kids that we also tried, lol.


These are my "candy" jars


This is for my pasta/spaghetti noodles.

My Lazy Susan, which sits atop my new table.

And the stuff for our daughter:






The man and I got a little lost in Ikea. That place is HUGE!!! He said he wanted to look at the dining sets, so I took that to mean he wanted to look in the warehouse. Nope. He wanted to look at everything put together, so we had to back track through the store and find the table and chairs we wanted. We found it and then we paid. I LOVE the new table and chairs. I would take a picture of it now, but it is covered in craft supplies due to a "Robot" homework assignment, and an "About Me Poster" both due tomorrow.

It was well past the time we purchased a new table and chairs. We've had the same one for 9 years! It was the set we bought when we were first married, and we outgrew it ages ago. It is solid, very solid, and very heavy. We could fit 10 people around it if we wanted to, but we only bought 6 chairs. 8 would fit comfortably.

Here it is:





I'm already counting down to my next trip! We're going to Canada this summer, so maybe we'll stop in there. There is one about ten minutes from my mom's house. Yaay!


.

2 comments:

Rina said...

Looks like you got some awesome stuff! I have the same cups and bowls for Baby Bear - they are great.

Yaay for coming to Canada!!

Unknown said...

Hey, I just got the same table and chair set! Its great, huh? And hooray for a Canada visit, we're pretty nice up here. :)

Heather
(aka HeatherGayle on GF!)

Powered By Blogger