Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Ok, So Today Was Supposed To Start Well

So yesterday I spent the whole day running errands, doing laundry, mopping, dusting and general cleaning up to make the house perfect for my hubby. The kids went to bed, and I folded some more laundry, took a shower and shaved. Then I did my nails. I got to bed about 12:45...much too late, but that always happens when I do all this stuff.

I'm very tired and accustomed to waking up at 7/7:15 each morning, so I knew I wasn't going to get much sleep at all, but what's done is done. Imagine my irritability going way way up when a very loud, very obnoxious, 8 year old girl decides to wake herself up, and her sisters, at 6:15 and take up residence in the living room, right beside my bedroom. Where I have very thin walls.

Then my husband called me. He is supposed to be on his way home already because he had two quick drops/deliveries this morning. Or so we thought. A certain company, which shall not be named, decided to reject 6...yes 6, pallets of salad bowls. Now my husband has to go find a soup kitchen or something and give it to them. And he also has to go to his other stop and deliver their stuff. What was supposed to be a quick stop at this 2nd drop, will now turn into an ordeal because they now have to remove 6 additional pallets to access their 2 pallets.

So much for having a full day with my husband before the kids came home. Gah!

What do I do to pass the time till I have to go pick him up now? I have several options (keep in mind I am already showered):

Load & unload the dishwasher, and put away the dishes I had to wash by hand
Get dressed
Do my hair and makeup
Go shopping for meaningless things
Sit around and blog
Make my bed
Watch TV
Go to Goodwill

I think I like the 4th and last options the best! lol

2 comments:

Karen said...

Ugh. That's crazy about the salad bowls. Hope he is home soon (if he isn't already).

Anonymous said...

Thanks Karen! He got home around noon...just a couple hours later than we thought! And the salad was brought to a food bank.

Powered By Blogger