Monday, August 10, 2009

We're Going Away Again

Only for one night though, at the end of the month. But my hubby and I are both looking forward to it. A night away from the kids? It can't get much better than that!

At the end of the month, we're taking the kids upstate to my Mom & Step-dad's weekend house. They live right on the coast, so the kids will get to play on the shore (hey, North westerner's say Shore, not Beach, so I am trying to prepare myself by learning the lingo, haha), and collect all sorts of treasures. My mom's place also has a community pool, so the kids can go swimming, and I think they plan to roast hot dogs and marshmallows as well. We wanted the kids to be able to go Grandma and Granda's place before we moved, and it's not a short drive, so we thought we'd make a weekend out of it. We'll drop them off mid day on a Saturday, and then pick them up same time the next time. We dont have to be home at any particular time, so we'll spend some time there too, and probably leave later that afternoon. It is about a 2.5 hour drive I think.

We haven't had a night away from the kids in 5 years. Yes, you read that right, 5 years. We've gone on date nights, but not for a night away in ages. We're going to Bellingham, what a treat! hahaha. Though Bellingham may not be very special, we still get time alone. We're planning on going to see Inglorious Basterds, go out for dinner and who knows what else. Do a bit of sightseeing I guess? We've already reserved a hotel room, so at least that is taken care of. I really don't care what we do, I am just excited to get to be with my husband without any kids around. I guess this could be an early anniversary trip? We're celebrating 10 years this year!!

What is there to do in Bellingham, Washington?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger