Sunday, April 25, 2010

Goodbye For Good, Old House

I have had such a busy week, and included in that was the move-out inspection at the old house. It seemed like every time I tried to leave that house, something always kept me coming back. Either it was trash pick up in the yard, getting the grass mowed, having to do a last cleaning, or being there when the carpets were cleaned. It was tiring to be completely honest, and I was happy to see Friday afternoon finally come.

I was expecting that the move out inspection would be extremely difficult, emotional...

And it really wasn't. I got a little teary eyed, but that was it. I really did feel ok when I said "goodbye". The landlord walked out of the house before me, so I took a glance around and quietly whispered "goodbye" under my breath as I shut the door behind me for the very last time.

It is quite surreal knowing that the last chapter in our lives has finally closed. This new house, which I have been looking forward to for so long is finally "it", our home. I started this new house journey in January, and here we are at the end of April and it's DONE. All done. And now we start the newest chapter in our lives: new beginnings, new memories, a new life.

I'm looking forward to it!

2 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Remember, baby steps... It gets easier believe me....

Karis said...

Happy for u. :) Next time you're up this way please let me know.

Powered By Blogger