Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy 4th Of July




Since it is just the kids and I today, I thought I would make it a little fun for us. Yesterday I went out and purchased some fireworks, which we will set off tonight after it gets a bit darker. I also plan to bbq, hot dogs and hamburgers, and I'll be making a potato dish as well. For dessert, I took Frugal Girls recipe for 4th of July Fruit Kabobs. I just made them, and the kids are dying to eat them. They're very easy to make, but I think Frugal Girls must have had longer bamboo skewers, because I couldn't fit all the food on that they did.



These are very easy to make, just alternate fruit and marshmallows in a 4th of July color scheme. The marshmallows were Kraft Jet Puffed Starmallows. They come in an assorted package with red, white and blue stars in various sizes. The fruit was easy enough to come by, but make sure you pit your cherries. I have a cherry pitter, so it was quite easy. The only fruit I skipped out on were the Grapes, as they were $2.49/lb.

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July!

2 comments:

Frugal Girls! said...

Your 4th of July Fruit Kabobs turned out great ~ so glad you enjoyed them!! Aren't they fun... and tasty?!? :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks! The kids loved them. I'll be making these next year too I think. And so easy as well!!

Powered By Blogger