Monday, January 12, 2009

OOPS!!

Have I really not posted since wednesday? I'm sorry. I'm just not feeling the blogging lately.

Around the house we've been implementing a new chore system for the kids...keep an eye out for it on tuesday night/wednesday, as I'll be writing about that for Works For Me Wednesday. It has proven to be quite beneficial, and my husband made me a really nice spreadsheet for it. He loves to do stuff like that.

I, myself, have been trying to get better around the house by keeping up with the housework and other mundane stuff. I busted my ass last thursday and friday, and got the house spotless. All I need to do now is maintenance. So for today that would mean laundry, picking up in the living room, bathrooms and bedrooms and that's about it actually. We just did all the deep cleaning on saturday, so that doesn't need to be done again till next saturday. And throughout the week I'll do the dirty work like mopping, dusting and vacuuming.

I can't believe it, but my oldest two are turning 8 in a month!!! It's so hard to believe they are that old already. Yesterday we booked their birthday party at a local bowling alley (since getting the kids a Wii for Xmas, my oldest daughter has been enraptured by the Wii Sports bowling game, lol). I wish we could have them invite more kids,but parties are expensive!!! They each get to invite 4 friends, and then plus our family, we'll have 14 people there. That's $100 right there for bowling, plus we have to order pizza and get drinks, goodie bags, and bake two cakes. Plus buy two presents! Kids are expensive, remind me again why I had so many?

It's almost 9:30 and time to get my day started...I'll write more tomorrow, I promise!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger