Monday, December 07, 2009

Today

I can't think of a good heading for today, so Today it shall be.

Yesterday I went through Barry's clothes, and decided what to keep and what to get rid of. I'd say we're keeping a large majority of his stuff, but he didn't have a lot of stuff anyway. Most of the clothes are going to goodwill except a few select things we're keeping for memories. I'll be looking for a big tote today so that I can store it all in.

With everything that's been going on, I've failed to realize that Christmas is right around the corner. Oops! I have hardly any decorations up, but I am done with my shopping. Ok, not done, but I just have to get some stocking stuffers, and a gift for my step dad. Today I plan to get a few things, but I've also got to focus on the rest of my decluttering, and goodwill donations. Company is coming from out of town...duh duh duh duh....in two weeks, so I really really have to get on the ball with that.

How is everyone else doing with their christmas prep? I haven't even started any baking! That's another thing I need to do, get my Christmas baking list done and do the shopping for that too.

I'm feeling just a little overwhelmed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the overwhelmed part! We're going away for Christmas and have to have everything done by next week. I've barely started! AND my family starts arriving on WEDNESDAY and will be staying with us on and off for the next 10 days until we leave. YIKES... I'm still in denial, I think :)

Happy organizing!
Maria Dawes

Anonymous said...

Joanna, honey, take it easy this Christmas. Don't stress yourself out, you have been thru so much. Ask a friend to help you decorate, so you are not overwhelmed, and ask this friend to help with the baking of cookies and candies. We love you!! I love reading your blogs, you are a gifted writer.

L&D said...

Baking. BAH! I don't believe in it. Actually, I suck at it so I don't do it. ;)

But I am done all my christmas shopping. Yes, and all the decor is up too.
I say, if you are feeling overwhelmed get someone else to do the baking!!!!! That's what I do. I beg and plead my friends. Just a thought.

Thia said...

Another person who hasn't started a thing. I'm supposed to be shopping on amazon right now, but I'm reading blogs instead...

Connie said...

Be gentle with yourself and do what you want and skip the rest. Sending you love and support.

Connie

Powered By Blogger