Thursday, October 23, 2008

Legend Of The Seeker

Last week one night, while I was watching TV after the kids went to bed, I came across a trailer for a new show called Legend Of The Seeker. I have to say, it looks awesome! It is a blend of Hercules, Xena and Lord Of The Rings all in one. If you are a fan of any of those, then you will like this show. Fantasy plus action plus a medieval type of history equals my favorite type of show. Well, I like others too, but in this genre especially.

The series is actually based on Terry Goodkind's book "Wizard's First Rule" and epic fantasy series "The Sword of Truth." The "Seeker" is Richard Cypher, a simple woodsman, who finds out he is the first Seeker in over 1,000 years. Richard, along with a "friend" Kahlan Amnell, has to stop a revenge seeking wizard from unleashing an ancient and terrifying power.

I am really looking forward to watching it. It premieres November 1st, so it is the perfect pick-me-up after Halloween is over, and you're staring at all that candy with a queasy stomach.

After I saw the trailer on TV, I googled it and found a trailer online at Craveonline.com and on YouTube. Have a look:



Doesn't it look exciting? The show already has a huge following, as many people are anticipating its release. Here is the official press release:

—The highly-anticipated, epic fantasy series “Legend of the Seeker,” based on the bestselling works of author Terry Goodkind, will premiere as a two-hour special event the weekend of November 1st (check www.LegendoftheSeeker.com for times and channel). The weekly program from filmmakers Sam Raimi and his partner Rob Tapert, combines elements of fantasy, adventure, magic, mystery and romance with exotic New Zealand as its backdrop. In addition to Raimi and Tapert, the talented creators of the long-running, successful series “Hercules: The Legendary Journeys” and “Xena: Warrior Princess,” “Legend of The Seeker” is from ABC Studios, the studio behind such network hits as “Lost” and “Grey’s Anatomy.”


Enjoy! And don't expect to see me posting on the evening of November 1st, because I'll be glued to my TV!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger