Saturday, October 04, 2008

I'm Still Here

Still alive, but barely kicking! Finally recovering from my awful cold, but now I am catching up on the housework and laundry because I did nothing all week. And my hubby comes home on monday! ACK!!!!

My cousin's wedding was yesterday, and I can't help but feel sorry for myself when I see the pictures on facebook of all my family having fun. I know it's rather pathetic, but I'm bummed out. I do know there is nothing that could be done to change the circumstances, so I am trying to feel better about it.

In other news, I think I have found a way to motivate my kids to clean, at least temporarily. My oldest two daughters are complete girly-girls, and love to have their nails painted. So each chore they do, small ones, earns 1 nail painted! It's working for sure, I have one daughter tidying up behind the couch and the other sweeping the kitchen floor, lol. My son is motivated by video game time, and he hearns it by minutes. He's already earned a half hour today by taking out the garbage, and cleaning out the bathroom. Hopefully this will continue to be a driving force for them, though it sounds rather silly to "bribe" them with painted nails and video game time. But then we also don't give an allowance either!

Back to the grind, I need to change my sheets and fold some more laundry.

2 comments:

Denise said...

I don't think it sounds silly, i think it is positive reinforcement. Good luck with the cleaning!!

Rina said...

I agree - that sounds like a great way to get some help around the house!!!! Good idea!

Powered By Blogger