Wednesday, January 07, 2009

How Do You Lose Weight?

When you feel desperation about it?

I have been struggling with my weight for years, and I mean years. I have stayed pretty consistent at the weight I am at now, but I just can't seem to get the weight down. I know it is my diet, I struggle daily. I am addicted to sweets. I can exercise like crazy, I love spin class, but if I don't diet, I don't lose weight.

Food addiction is not an easy problem for most people to understand. For a lot of people, dieting comes easy and the weight pours off. For myself, I struggle with food addiction. Not regular food, I eat regularly and have a good diet for the most part. But I am addicted to sweets and junk food. I *have* to have it, it's like a drug for me. I really am addicted and I don't know how to break the cycle. If you're addicted to cigarettes, you know how it is when you don't get your next "fix", right? I'm that way with sweets.

If anyone has any ideas on how to substitute the need for sweets, then please enlighten me. I am really struggling with this and I hate how I am, but I just don't know how to get over it.

1 comment:

~gail~mooselovingmamabear said...

For me, the secret to loosing weight, is support. I just joined Biggest Loser Blog Edition and am geeked/ready to start because of a support system that I can plug into daily.

Sweets, that's hard...but, those 100 calorie chocolate puddings and jellos seem to help me.

Take Care ~~Blog hugS~~

Powered By Blogger