Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Mish Mash

First off, thanks to Rina over at Gotta Little Space to Fill, for including my post "Biscuits, The Easy Way" in this week's edition of the Make it From Scratch Carnival. Maybe one day I'll get around to hosting, haha.

Secondly, tomorrow is the first day of school for us. Yaay!!! That means tonight I get to go to bed on time, wake up at the crack of dawn and go exercise. Oh joy! In all seriousness though, the kids are excited, and I am looking forward to getting some order back in our lives. Today we get to meet the Teachers and drop off our supplies. Last night at 10:15PM I realized I hadn't gotten the supplies together, so I was up till just after 11PM labelling boxes of crayons and sorting everything out. We're all ready to go now though.

Third, my intention to do the Holiday Grand Plan went to shit last week due to my husband being home. I might have to skip this week as well, or at least not post about it. I'm trying people...trying, haha. Maybe I can do the Week 2 post tomorrow.

And finally, I ate at Cold Stone Creamery for the first time a week and a half ago. I don't know what I was missing. It was the best ice cream ever! I had the Apple Pie A La Cold Stone, which was divine. I attempted to re-create it the other night. I think I did a pretty good job, but I will try some different brands next time as I didn't like the flavor one of them gave me.

Here it is, my delectable version of Cold Stone's Apple Pie ice cream:

Apple Pie A La Joanna

Ingredients:
Several scoops of vanilla bean ice cream
1/3- 1/2 cup of graham cracker pie crust pieces
Apple pie filling apples (as many as you want)
Cinnamon to taste
Caramel sauce

Mix everything in a bowl and dig in.
You can use as much or as little of the ingredients as you want.
That's it.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger