Sunday, November 23, 2008

M&M Cookie Goodness



M&M Cookies

Pre-heat your oven to 350 F

1 c packed brown sugar
1/c white sugar
1 c shortening
2 eggs
1.5 tsp vanilla
2.5c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1.5 cups m&ms

Mix the sugars, shortening, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl. Then add the flower, baking soda, salt and m&ms.

Drop by tablespoons onto a cookie sheet (i use foil on my cookie sheets) and bake for 12 minutes or till the bottom is golden.

I actually doubled the recipe and didn't have enough m&ms, so I substitued with a 12oz bag of milk chocolate chips. I was able to get 5 dozen cookies out of a double batch.

The cookies were delicious! These would make such a cute little christmas gift, tied up with a bit of ribbon, or twine. And with 5 dozen in two batches, you could take care of a lot of gifts. Cookies make perfect gifts for anyone.

Enjoy!!

8 comments:

Rina said...

Ohhh yummy. I LOVE M&M cookies.

Anonymous said...

what the heck is up with you commenting 4 times? LOL

Miss Mommy said...

Mmm...They look so good!! Wish i could reach threw the screen and get one..LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh they are yummy! I've had a few today. hehe

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

I think every kid and every former kid would love these cookies! :) I'm going to add them to my list for the holiday season.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Thanks for participating in TMTT, today. Happy Thanksgiving.

Michelle said...

I know a 3 1/2 year old who would love these cookies :) Thanks for sharing Joanna.

Thomas Andrew said...

My brother loves M&M's! He will love these. Thanks for the recipe.

Powered By Blogger