Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday


I always forget until late tuesday night that I need to write a post for WFMW, and I have actually forgotten a few times. Bad bad me!! So I'm supposed to write about Kitchen organization. My kitchen is terribly un-organized and very messy right now. I've been sick the last few days and don't really give a rats a$$ as to what the state of my house is! You try to take care of 4 kids and have a fever and a hacking cough!

One thing that I do use to organize is Tupperware! Yep, I'm a Tupperware girl. I love it. I keep all my flour, sugar, brown sugar, etc in it. It is a bit pricey, so I haven't bought anything new lately, but I might soon. I always like to have lots of bowls to store stuff in in the fridge if we have left overs or something.

I've also organized my pantry so I have baked supplies on one side, and canned food on the other. Snack crackers, oatmeal, cereal bars etc are on the top shelf, and the big stuff like the dog's biscuits and fish crackers, and my Tupperware are on the bottom. It still looks a bit messy though. I find though, that having enough shelving and cupboards in your kitchen is the true way to organization!

In my old house, the one we sold in April, I had a dream kitchen. I LOVED it. I was very very organized there, and very spoiled, because the pantry had pull-out drawers! And I had 4 large lazy Susan's in two corner cupboards. How could you not be organized like that? Now I rent and I don't have much choice, so I do what I can.

Sorry if this post sounds a bit muddled, I am under the influence of cold medicine, and Motrin as well, so I might not make a lick of sense. And to sum it all up...my kitchen is organized with lots of shelving and Tupperware. Not very exciting, but it works!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tupperware is great.

Don't you wish Mom's could call in sick every once in a while? I always thought I should start a fund, like a rainy day jar, for sick days. So I could pack a bag of jammies and Nyquil and say Honey? I'm headed up to Motel 6 for the next 2 days to sleep off the flu. Aahhhh.

Hang in there! Blessings, Whitney

Anonymous said...

Ahhh that would be lovely! Unfortunately due to my man working away from the house for weeks at a time, I can't call in sick. One of these days those kids will be old enough to feed themselves and take care of me for a chance! lol

Powered By Blogger