Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Mom! I'm Bored!!!



Welcome to this weeks edition of What Works For Me Wednesday, hosted by Shannon over at Rocks In My Dryer. This week's edition is titled "Mom! I'm Bored", as summer vacation is upon us. Well, not all of us yet! My three kids' last day is June 17th, but then they also don't start school till after labor day.

This year will be our 2nd official summer vacation, as my two older kids are just ending first grade. I don't remember what we did last year, but this year I have plenty of ideas to keep them occupied.

1. harass the new next door neighbours so we can use their pool! LOL and yes, it does work, we've used it already ;o)

2) banishing them to outside to ride their bikes, play in the yard, play with the neighbour kids!

3) We'll be enrolling them in swimming lessons at the end of this month, and my son is also in Karate twice a week, so when he does that at the YMCA, the girls and I play in the Adventure zone for an hour. I'll also be working out as well during the summer at the YMCA, so they'll have stuff to do while I am there as well. Plus there is family swim. Ugh, does this mean I have to get my fat butt in a bathing suit? I'm scared! LOL

4) Day trips with Daddy. Once my hubby comes home, we'll be going on several day trips around the area. It is too expensive to go anywhere else, so we're sticking close to the house.

5) And of course the usual, color a picture! it seems to work well with my kids, as they are really into crafts and art.
Do you have any good ideas to beat summer boredom?

please don't forget to scroll down my blog, I wrote a few interesting things today and would hate for them to get missed in the hubub.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger